Cross Examination of the Defense Medical Examiner & Defense Experts in Depositions and Trial — New and Innovative "Post-Covid" Strategies, Techniques, Tactics and Methods
- The art, science and methodology of making every deposition a winner
- Comprehending and appreciate the concept that a deposition “is” trial!
- Cross ups in cross-examination techniques… including (a) the “three-prong fork in the road” method of cross-examination; (b) multiples of questions technique of cross-examination in depositions; and (c) comparisons of the good-better-best wording of questions for cross-examinations
- Session will focus on how to word and phrase questions strategically by comparing the good worded question to the better worded question to the best worded question for cross-examination purposes.
- Cross-examining on “the obvious”
- “Connecting” what the judge and juror during a focused cross-examination at trial
- We will compare deposition video clips with actual trial witness examination clips.
- Pain Dissection and Autopsy – We will take a deep-dive into proving and arguing physical pain, physical suffering, mental pain, and mental anguish in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- The essence of pain and suffering
- Defining and understanding pain-defining suffering – defining anguish – differentiating among these components or elements of damage and loss
- Learning the essential need to have medical witnesses teach fundamental concepts of pain
- Creative and innovative and persuasive demonstrative aids on pain, suffering and anguish
Presenters – John F. Romano of West Palm Beach, FL; Eric Romano of West Palm Beach, FL; Todd Romano of West Palm Beach, FL; Christiane Pittaluga, J.D. – R.N. – Life Care Planner